Throughout the year, the Guidance Office will post scholarships to this page, and some will have paper copies in the Guidance Office as well!
*Don’t forget to check your college’s financial aid page for school-specific scholarships!
Due by December 1, 2023
Scholarship recipients receive up to $7,500 each semester with the goal of helping students graduate from college debt-free.
Brochures are in the Guidance Office or visit www.haganscholarships.org for more information
Due by November 30, 2023
Up to $16,000 will be awarded
If you are a Junior, this scholarship could be for you!!
Application process begins December 5, 2023. The deadline is January 5, 2024. Click the link above for more information and important dates that are part of the Application Timeline.
Receive up to $12,000 a year!
Primary Health Network Healthcare Scholarship 2024
Our Healthcare Scholarship is active and open for applications! Senior students who are enrolled in a healthcare program after graduation from HAHS that they are eligible to apply. The two links at the end of this e-mail will take you to our website and the application itself.
Here’s a brief overview:
15 students will be awarded $2000 each toward their healthcare education.
Applicants must be enrolled in a healthcare field (human healthcare only, we had a few veterinarian students apply last year and, unfortunately, that field does not qualify)
Applicants must maintain a 3.0 GPA
Applicants must reside in a PHN service area.(Huntingdon County is in a PHN service area)
A 600-word essay is required, and students must be careful to not identify themselves in the essay. Doing so will result in disqualification. (We had several students DQ themselves last year for including their names in the essay)
Students are only permitted to submit one application per year, but they can apply each year they are enrolled in a healthcare program. (It’s possible they could win again in 2025, 2026, etc… We’ve had a few repeat winners in the past!)
Deadline to apply is March 31, 2024 at 11:59pm EST.
Winners will be selected & notified, and all money will be awarded by end of May 2024.
Valley Rural Electric Scholarship For High School JUNIORS
Valley Rural Electric is offering you an opportunity to win a scholarship to be used towards future education-related expenses. If your household is not serviced by Valley Rural,
do not worry you can still apply! You must complete the attached application and have it submitted to the address listed, deliver in person, or submit an email by April 7, 2024.
2024 PSECU SCHOLARSHIP
As a not-for-profit credit union, we were founded on the belief that everyone deserves opportunities for a better life. We also believe that knowledge increases your earning potential and gives you the power to make the most out of your money. This is why we have a scholarship program that helps graduating high school seniors reduce the financial burden of pursuing postsecondary education.
Each year, we award six scholarships, worth up to $8,000 each (up to $2,000 per year, up to four years.)
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a PSECU member by February 29, 2024. Individuals with custodial accounts are eligible to apply. Joint owners will need to apply for their own PSECU membership in order to qualify for our scholarship program.
- Eligible applicant must have their own PSECU account (custodial accounts are eligible)
Be a graduating high school senior attending a two- or four-year community college, college, or university in fall 2024. The college or university does not have to be in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Students attending a technical school are not eligible.
Huntingdon County Women’s Scholarship Available
12th Grade Girls there is a scholarship
available to a female who is going to pursue a career in education or social work.
Who participate in school activities such as sports or clubs. Outside
activities are encouraged as well. You must provide your GPA average and where
you plan to attend school.
Must be turned into the guidance office by February 29,2024
To apply for this scholarship:
1. Complete the application (They are in
the guidance office)
2. Write an essay explaining why the applicant
feels they are deserving.
3. The applicant should supply a letter of
recommendation provided by a teacher.
The Horatio Alger Association scholarship
Students overcoming adversity that want to pursue the American Dream through higher education. We’ve awarded over 35,000 scholarships since 1984 and we’re hoping to reach even more students this year.
If you have students that you feel would be great candidates,
please share this information and application with them today!
The Horatio Alger Association Scholarship
for High School Juniors is now open!
Be enrolled full time as a high school junior in the United States
Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
Demonstrate critical financial need ($65,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
Be a United States citizen
Huntingdon Moose Lodge 223 Scholarship
Huntingdon Moose Lodge 223 is seeking applicants for our annual scholarship program. We will be awarding 4 scholarships in the amount of $1,000.00 to each of the 4 graduating High School Seniors in their pursuit of a Post-Secondary Degree.
Our first priority will be High School Seniors who have a father, mother, stepparent, grandparent or legal guardian who is a member of the Moose in good standing. If we do not receive enough applicants for this priority, we will then consider other High School Seniors.
The student will need to complete the application and return to the High School Guidance Counselor so that the lower portion of the application can be completed. The student will also need to supply a letter of introduction of who you are, what activities you have been involved in and what are your future plans regarding school and a vocation.
The application must be postmarked on or before April 27, 2024. Once the entire application is complete, the application will need to be returned to
:Huntingdon Moose FC 223
Attn: Jim Hudack
P.O. Box 223
Huntingdon, PA 16652
You can pick your application up in the guidance office.
Valley Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. Brighter future Scholarship Program
The applicant must be:
• an active Valley REC member or dependent of an active member. (Valley REC directors
and employees, and their dependents, are not eligible.)
• attending or planning to attend an accredited post-secondary institution.
• enrolled or planning to enroll full-time for the 2024-2025 academic year.
Applications and all required information must be returned by March 31, 2024, via one of the
• Mailed to Valley Rural Electric Cooperative at the address below with a postmark no later
than the deadline date.
• E-mailed to email@example.com with a time-stamp no later than the deadline
• Delivered in-person to one of our offices by the deadline date.
Scholarship selections will be made by May.
Award recipients will be notified by the end of June.
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-432-0680.
Brighter Future Scholarship Program
Valley Rural Electric Cooperative
PO Box 477
Huntingdon, PA 16652-0477
Attached is the application and there are printed out ones the guidance office too!!
Blair Gastroenterology Associates “Guts and Glory” Scholarship
Deadline: March 15, 2024- FAXED or Emailed WILL NOT be accepted
- Must be a graduating senior at a high school in Blair, Bedford, Cambria, Centre, Huntingdon or Clearfield County or an adult student attending post-secondary
- Must be accepted into or attending a post-secondary school
- Must have either you or an immediate family member that has Crohns or Colitis
- Essay Questions: (300 words or less)” How have you personally, or your family member, overcome the challenges and adversity of being diagnosed with Crohns or Colitis and what will you do or continue to do to bring awareness to others and to those who are living with Crohns and Colitis?”
Mail Applications to: Central Pennsylvania Community Foundation
1616 East Pleasant Valley Blvd.
Altoona, Pa 16602
Community State Bank Scholarship is now open.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be a student residing in a school district within our market area and have been accepted into a post-secondary school. To apply for this scholarship:
1. Complete the Community State Bank Scholarship Application (see attached) by typing your response directly on the form, saving it to your computer, and attaching to your submission email.
2. Write an essay stating why the applicant feels they are deserving of the scholarship. The essay must be typed on the last page of the application and a minimum of 250 words.
3. The applicant must have one letter of recommendation – either from a teacher or from another mentor. The letter should address the student and these topics as it pertains to them: Initiative, Cooperation, Leadership, Dependability, & Character.
4. The applicant must present a letter of acceptance from a post-secondary school.
5. All application materials must be turned in to Community State Bank by April 22, 2024. Only electronic submissions to Gina Corrie, Marketing Manager at Gina.Corrie@CommunityState.Bank will be accepted. (All materials must be included in one email. Multiple emails containing different pieces for the application will not be accepted and will automatically disqualify applicant.)
The Huntingdon Lodge #976 of the Benevolent and Protective Order of ELKS
The Huntingdon Lodge #976 of the Benevolent and Protective Order of ELKS will be awarding 6-Five Hundred Dollar
Scholarships to students graduating in the class of 2024 who demonstrates excellent academic performance, have volunteered
for community service projects, have held a job and/or are active in school extracurricular activities. One scholarship will be
award to a student who attends each of the 6 high schools attended by Huntingdon County Students (Huntingdon, Mount
Union, Juniata Valley, Southern Huntingdon, Tussey Mountain, and New Day Charter School).
One additional scholarship
will be awarded to a student whose parent or grandparent is a member of the Huntingdon Elks Lodge.
Enclosed you will find an application for the scholarship. Please provide copies of the application to any senior interested in
applying for the scholarship. The students do NOT need to be related to an ELKS member to be eligible for one of the 6
scholarships being awarded to local high school seniors.
However, one scholarship has been earmarked for the child or grandchild of a member of the Huntingdon Elks Lodge.
Students will need:
Two letters of recommendation; at least one must be from a teacher, school administrator or guidance counselor
Copy of PSAT and/or SAT
Current high school transcript
Please submit application and other required documents no later than April 15, 2024 to:
Huntingdon Lodge #976
PO Box 238
Huntingdon, PA 16652
Attn: Deborah Goodman
Or email to: PERScholarship@gmail.com
Copies are in the guidance office
Standing Stone Garden Club
- Applicant must be planning to further his/her education in
botany, ecology, environmental engineering, environmental science, floriculture/floral design, forestry, horticulture, landscape architecture and design, nursery production/management, plant pathology/science, soil science/conservation, turf management and/or allied subjects.
- Applicant must be a resident of Huntingdon County or non-
resident attending a Huntingdon Co. high school.
- Applicant must have a scholastic average of B or above.
- The scholarship will be a minimum of $500.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time in an accredited course study.
- If applicant withdraws from school before or at the beginning of
the course of study, the amount of the scholarship shall be returned to the Standing Stone Garden Club.
- The deadline for this scholarship application is April 26, 2024
- Please submit the completed application and attachments:
Mrs. Donna Leamer
2315 Highland Ave.
Huntingdon, PA 16652
Scholarship applications are in the guidance office
Franks Family Endowment Scholarship
- Attending a 2-year or 4-year college program
- Declaring one of five majors: Education, Business, Finance, Technology, or Nursing.
- Has a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Resident of Huntingdon County
Application Deadline: Forward applications to:
Huntingdon County Foundation
Attn: Franks Family Endowment
500 Allegheny Street, Huntingdon, Pa 16652
** Or, students may turn in complete applications to the HAHS Guidance Office
by the end of the school day on 4/19/24. **
Scholarship applications are in the guidance office