Huntingdon Area School District

HASD Enrollment and Withdraw Procedures 
When enrolling (registering) new students for the 2023-2024 school year, please follow the guidelines below. 
Eligibility to Enroll and Process
  • All students who reside within the boundaries of the Huntingdon Area School District are eligible for enrollment in district schools.  
Online registration process: 
  1. Fill out the Enrollment Forms.
  2. Submit the Enrollment Forms and  Required Documents for Enrollment by email to 
NOTE: If you don’t finish the second step, your registration is not complete. 
If you do not have access to online registration:
  1. Call 814-641-2112, leave a message with your name and phone number and we will set up an appointment. Please allow 24 hours for a return call.
Required Documentation for Enrollment: 
    • Proof of Age: Official birth certificate (preferred),  hospital certificate,  baptismal certificate or the ORIGINAL notarized statement indicating name, date of birth, and place of birth.
    • Photo ID (Parent or Guardian) If an adult other than the parent is registering the child, a copy of the Guardianship papers or a sworn affidavit must be presented at registration.
    • Current Custody Papers (if applicable)
    • Proof of Residency: Current lease, utility bill or photo I.D with correct address.
    • *Immunizations: Shot Record. (See List of Mandatory immunizations.)
      • *Exclusion from starting school until required immunizations documentation is provided
Physical Exam – Needed in Kindergarten, Grades 6 and 11
Pennsylvania School Health Law requires a physical exam for all kindergarten students.  In the Huntingdon  Area School District, the exam must be done no more than 12 months prior to the start of school and may be done during the school year. The exam can be given by your family physician or provided by the District at no cost. Physical form can be found here
Dental Exam – Needed in Kindergarten, Grades 3 and 7
By state mandate all kindergarten students are required to provide evidence of having received a dental examination.  An examination completed 12 months prior to the start of school or anytime during the present school year will be accepted. This exam can be given by your personal dentist or provided by the District at no cost. Dental form can be found here.
Withdrawal Process
  • If you intend to withdraw your child from our school district, please use the checklist below to ensure your child is properly withdrawn from HASD.
    • Email  to notify your intent to enroll in another school.  Please provide your child’s name and the name and location of the new school.
    • Return all HASD textbooks, library books and technology (ex iPad, Chromebook) to the appropriate HASD building before leaving the district.  
      • Once you register at the new school, please have them fax a Records Request to our school district.  Fax to 814-643-6244 or email to  
    • If you are leaving the country and the new school will not request records please notify  by email that no records request will be sent.
    • Once your child is withdrawn from HASD, your child will no longer have access to their district email or google account.  If there is anything you would like off their district google drive, please remove these items.
* During the school year the district has 10 days, from the receipt of the records request, to withdraw the student from school and send the records.  During this time you may still receive attendance alerts and weather related phone calls.