Huntingdon Area School District

Staff Website

HASD Enrollment and Withdraw Procedures During Covid 19 School Closure Notice

We will continue to Enroll (register) new students for the 2019-2020 school year or you may choose to continue with your current districts Continuity of Education Plan during the Covid 19 Pandemic.  Below are the guidelines during the school closure and will remain at this point until the end of the current school year, June 4, 2020. 
Eligibility to Enroll and Process
  • All students who reside within the boundaries of the Huntingdon Area School District are eligible for enrollment in district schools.  For families wishing to enroll during the COVID-19 school closure you have a choice to remain within your current district and continue with their Continuity of Education plan.  If you choose to stay in your current school district, you should notify the district you moved from as well as notify HASD by email to  
  • During the closure for the COVID-19 pandemic, our registration office continues to accept new student registrations for the 2019-2020 school year. If you choose to enroll with our district, please follow the below guidelines.
Online registration process: 
  1. Fill out the Enrollment Forms.
  2. Submit the Enrollment Forms and  Required Documents for Enrollment by email to 
NOTE: If you don’t finish the second step, your registration is not complete. 
If you do not have access to online registration:
  1. Call 814-641-2106, leave a message with your name and phone number, we will set up an appointment, please allow 24 hours for a return call during school closure.
Required Documentation for Enrollment: 
    • Proof of Age: Official birth certificate (preferred),  hospital certificate,  baptismal certificate or the ORIGINAL notarized statement indicating name, date of birth, and place of birth.
    • Photo ID (Parent or Guardian) If an adult other than the parent is registering the child, a copy of the Guardianship papers or a sworn affidavit must be presented at registration.
    • Current Custody Papers (if applicable)
    • Proof of Residency: Current lease, utility bill or photo I.D with correct address.
    • *Immunizations: Shot Record. (See List of Mandatory immunizations.)
      • *Exclusion from starting school until required immunizations documentation is provided
Physical Exam – Needed in Kindergarten, Grades 6 and 11
Pennsylvania School Health Law requires a physical exam for all kindergarten students.  In the Huntingdon  Area School District, the exam must be done no more than 12 months prior to the start of school and may be done during the school year. The exam can be given by your family physician or provided by the District at no cost. Information and the form can be found here
Dental Exam – Needed in Kindergarten, Grades 3 and 7
By state mandate all kindergarten students are required to provide evidence of having received a dental examination.  An examination completed 12 months prior to the start of school or anytime during the present school year will be accepted. This exam can be given by your personal dentist or provided by the District at no cost. Information and the form can be found here.
Withdrawal Process
  • During the COVID-19 school closure you have a choice to remain within your current district and may continue with their Continuity of Education plan. If you move from HASD and you wish to keep your child/children enrolled in HASD, please notify the school district that you reside in now and HASD by email at requesting to continue your education with HASD until June 5, 2020.  
  • Upon conclusion of the school year you will be required to return all educational materials to HASD.  Please accomplish this no later than June 5, 2020.  
  • If you intend to withdraw your child from our school district, please use the checklist below to ensure your child is properly withdrawn from HASD.
    • Email  to notify your intent to enroll in another school.  Please provide your child’s name and the name and location of the new school.
    • Return all HASD textbooks, library books and technology (ex iPad, Chromebook) to the appropriate HASD building before leaving the district.  
    • Once you register at the new school, please have them fax a Records Request to our school district.  Fax to 814-643-6244.  
    • If you are leaving the country and the new school will not request records please notify  by email that no records request will be sent.
    • Once your child is withdrawn from HASD, your child will no longer have access to their district email or google account.  If there is anything you would like off their district google drive, please remove these items.
* During the school year the district has 10 days, from the receipt of the records request, to withdraw the student from school and send the records.  During this time you may still receive attendance alerts and weather related phone calls.